9.22.2009

Big Field

I am having a One Woman Show at The Chowan Arts Council in Edenton.  The show opens Friday, October 16 and runs until November 2.  I have been painting every day to prepare. I must recommend painting everyday to grow in your skill and confidence!  

This painting is 30x40" and I had the best time using a big brush, unconventional colors and lots of movement... mine and in the painting.  I began it by blocking it in, even the figures.  Blocking in rather than sketching really keeps me looser, try it!  

This piece was the centerpiece for my One Woman show at the Chowan Arts Council which opened October 16th.  I am pleased that it sold immediately!

1 comment:

  1. if forced to pick a fav, this would be a contender; reminiscent of my world growing up in Bertie Co.

    ReplyDelete